Monday, 6 December 2010

so what did we learn? did we Really learn?

(You know, many a times as I think about reflecting, the image of a pier comes to mind..a pier at the banks of a never-ending lake.)
At one such pier..
Boycrack looking sullen..
Wisecrack: hey, why do you look so sullen boycrack?
Boycrack: I messed up. Big time.
Wisecrack: messing up is part of learning. and growing up.
Boycrack: that's exactly the kind of 'messages' that they have- strewn all over the most wonderful animation movies.
Wisecrack: yes. and you know what, I am going to give my kids a movie-education. I am gonna show them animated movies, drama movies, period movies, sci fi fantasy movies..! that's where the real learning is.
Boycrack: how cool. no school! your kids will love you.

1 comment:

Liar Goodspeed said...

You know, David Gilmour (Lead guitarist of Pink Floyd), (who is a university proff now) actually let his son drop out of high school on one condition - that he watch a movie with his father every second day and that they reflect on it together.